NAOYA HIDA & Co.
NH TYPE 3B
The NH TYPE 3B was created with the aim of concentrating details reminiscent of 18th- and 19th-century pocket watches in a relatively small 37 mm case. The large moon phase at 6 o'clock is made of 18-carat yellow gold. The stars and the face on the moon seen through the large hollowed-out window, as well as the 11 Roman numerals, are all hand-engraved by skilled craftsmen. These details, which are rarely seen today, are housed in a newly designed rounded case with a slightly thicker bezel. The biggest difference between the NH TYPE3A and its predecessor is the redesign of the case and the change to a screw-back caseback system.
This model is a modified version of the NH TYPE 3A with modified detail specifications. In 2022, 15 will be manufactured.
Compared to the NH TYPE 3A, the following changes have been made.
- The case back has changed from a snap back to a screw case back
- The lateral shape of the lugs has changed.
- The hand-engraved moon face has a slightly different design to that of the NH TYPE 3A (the prototype in the photo is still unchanged).
The following features have remained unchanged.
- A large moon phase display mechanism is integrated at 6 o'clock.
- The moon phase disc is made of 18-carat yellow gold, and the surface faces of the stars and moon are all hand-engraved by skilled craftsmen.
- It has a newly designed rounded bezel, inspired by the vintage complication watches of the 1930s and 1960s.
- The design is based on vintage watches from the 1930s and 1960s, but with a modern and practical case diameter of 37 mm. (Vintage watches generally come in sizes smaller than 35 mm.)
- We worked with a company that introduced a machine manufactured by Roku Roku Sangyo, a manufacturer of ultra-high-precision micro-machining machines.
- As a result, they succeeded in crafting difficult-to-machine materials to an accuracy of a few microns and in three dimensions.
- The manual-winding movement Ca.3021LU, which incorporates a newly developed click mechanism in the base movement, the ETA Valjoux 7751, allows the wearer to enjoy the feel of winding the watch.
- The Breguet Arabic indexes on the dial are entirely hand-engraved by skilled craftsmen. Synthetic lacquer (cashew) is then poured over them to give them a unique finish.
- The watch is made of SUS 904L stainless steel, which is known for its high corrosion resistance but is difficult to process and is therefore only used by a very limited number of manufacturers.
- Cal. 3021LU Manual winding
- 30mm (13 1/4 Line)
- 28,800/h (8beat/Sec - 4Hz)
- Power Reserve
- Around 45hour
- Moon phases indicated
- 59 days round the watch Adjustable by pulling crown down one level.
* Newly designed main and balance bridge, clock, click spring for pursuing a comfortable winding.
- Stainless steel (SUS904L)
After the cutting work by the ultra-high precision micromachining machine, polishing.
- Case diameter
- Case thickness
- Curved sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating on the backside.
- Case Back
- Screw Case Back
- Dial material
- German Silver
- Brand logo
- Engraving by Ultra High-Precision and High-Speed Micro Fine Machining Center.
- Minute, Second scale
- Engraving by Ultra High-Precision and High-Speed Micro Fine
Machining Center. The ring part of the dial outer periphery incorporates a separate component.
- Hand engraved by skilled craftsman
Inked by synthetic Japanese lacquer (Cashew). Brand logo, index and scale.
- Moon phase
- Moon phase disc in 18KYG, bead-blasted.
The moon is made from a separate component and its face is hand-engraved.
The moon is made from a separate component with a hand-engraved face, then fixed to the moon phase disc.
- Hour and minute hands Material Steel
- Heat-treated brood steel
Tip of the minute hand bent by hand to align with the minutes scale
- Pin buckle material
- Stainless steel (904L)
Hand-stitched, goat leather, calfskin back
Made by Jean Rousseau (https://www.jean-rousseau.com/)
- Lug width 20 mm - Buckle width 16 mm
- Exterior wood and resin board frame with fine paper
Interior in Alcantara.
NAOYA HIDA & Co.
NH TYPE 3B
price : 2,860,000JPY [Inc. Tax]ORDER
Warranty period: Two-year warranty