NAOYA HIDA & Co.
NH TYPE 1D
The NH TYPE1D is the fourth in the TYPE1 series, the first model launched by NAOYA HIDA & Co. The concept of producing beautiful watches that pursue a sculptural three-dimensional effect in every detail, including the dial and hands, by combining state-of-the-art ultra-high-precision micro-fabrication machines and the manual work of skilled craftsmen, has not changed. The biggest difference between the NH TYPE1D and the previous the NH TYPE1C is that the case has been redesigned and the caseback has been changed to a screw-back system.
This model is manufactured as an addition to the NH TYPE 1C, of which a total of 30 pcs were manufactured and sold out in 2020-2021.
In 2022, 20pcs will be manufactured.
Compared to the NH TYPE 1C, the following changes have been made.
- The case back has changed from a snap back to a screw case back
- The lateral shape of the lugs has been changed
- The seconds scale on the small seconds circle at 9 o'clock is now a separate component (the prototype in the photo is still unchanged)
- Supplier and material of the leather strap supplied as standard changed.
The following features have remained unchanged.
The design is based on vintage watches from the 1930s and 1950s, but with a modern and practical case diameter of 37 mm. (Vintage watches generally come in sizes smaller than 35 mm.)
We worked with a company that introduced a machine manufactured by Roku Roku Sangyo, a manufacturer of ultra-high-precision micro-machining machines.
As a result, they succeeded in crafting difficult-to-machine materials to an accuracy of a few microns and in three dimensions.
The manual-winding movement Ca.3019SS, which incorporates a newly developed click mechanism in the base movement, the ETA Valjoux 7750, allows the wearer to enjoy the feel of winding the watch.
The Breguet Arabic indexes on the dial are entirely hand-engraved by skilled craftsmen. Synthetic lacquer (cashew) is then poured over them to give them a unique finish.
The watch is made of SUS 904L stainless steel, which is known for its high corrosion resistance but is difficult to process and is therefore only used by a very limited number of manufacturers.
- Cal. 3019SS Manual winding
- 30mm (13 1/4 Line)
- 28,800/h (8beat/Sec - 4Hz)
- Power Reserve
- Around 48hour
* Newly designed main and balance bridge, clock, click spring for pursuing a comfortable winding.
- Stainless steel (SUS904L)
After the cutting work by the ultra-high precision micromachining machine, polishing.
- Case diameter
- Case thickness
- Curved sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating on the backside.
- Case Back
- Screw Case Back
- Dial material
- German Silver
- Brand logo
- Engraving by Ultra High-Precision and High-Speed Micro Fine Machining Center.
- Minute, Second scale
- Engraving by Ultra High-Precision and High-Speed Micro Fine Machining Center. The ring part of the dial outer periphery incorporates a separate component.
- Hand engraved by skilled craftsman
Inked by synthetic Japanese lacquer (Cashew). Brand logo, index and scale.
- Hands material
- Finish of hands
- Blue steel by heat treatment
* Bending by hand to the tip of the minute hand to match the minute scale.
- Pin buckle material
- Stainless steel (904L)
Hand-stitched, goat leather, calfskin back
Made by Jean Rousseau (https://www.jean-rousseau.com/)
- Lug width 20 mm - Buckle width 16 mm
- Exterior wood and resin board frame with fine paper
Interior in Alcantara.
NAOYA HIDA & Co.
NH TYPE 1D
price : 2,145,000JPY [Inc. Tax]ORDER
Warranty period: Two-year warranty